(and i'm hungry too)

Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Dear February,

From your birth I knew something was not right. It's only your third day in the year 2010 and already I have a bad feeling about you. For the past three days I have been slogging my backside off for schoolwork, doing up a report, a presentation and some writing homework till three or four am in the morning. It is no surprise then, that I witness your daily transitions; from day one to day two, from day two to day three.

Today, I hope to sleep through to page four. Because I don't want you to relish the moments I seem to stay awake for you. Oh, deluded February. You make me want to squash you like a tomato in my hands, to dry you of your juices so you won't get to feel smug about it. But you only have a pitiful 28 days, so I will spare you.

28 days and you try to be so ambitious. V-day? Lunar New Year? Come on. Why do you try to do so many things at one time? And oh, you have them happening on the same day? You do know that there are people out there who have their birthdays on V-day, don't you. You are making it so hard for their friends to celebrate with them. I am appalled at your poor decision-making, February. Biting off more than you can chew!

But alright. My birthday does not fall on V-day. My boyfriend does not believe in V-day (all my single girlies out there! ask me for your celebrations!!!). And well, Lunar New Year has to happen SOME TIME, right. And my friends who need the cash soon will welcome it with open arms.

So actually, I guess I'm just being irritating, February. Three hour naps don't make up for the four hours of sleep I had last night/this morning. I needed someone to blame for my tough work (NTU is already mourning the suicides of far too many people). So I guess it's got to be you.

But don't count on me staying up tonight, through to page four of your twenty-eight. I will be going to sleep soon.

Maybe, if you prove yourself worthy on one of these days, I will consider keeping vigil for you. I won't let you know if it happens.

I wish you longer days.

Not yours,
Ros


4 Comments:

Blogger jocelyn teo said...

awesome entry ROS! :D and jiayou k in schoolwork!

12:48 AM

 
Blogger di. said...

hahaha YAH omg good entry !! i dont really fancy february too - i just got one paper out of the way, another coming up. |:

GO ROS ! (:

6:49 AM

 
Blogger Adrian said...

sorry single girlie friends of Ros! Ros is no longer available for vday bookings! :)

12:50 AM

 
Blogger col said...

haha booked before any of her single friends could make a move! yes you lovebirds go celebrate even if it's a McDonald's drivethru! :)

10:53 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home